FIRST Team Paragon 571

Windsor, CT
2019 Team Photo 2018 Team Photo 2017 Team Photo 2016 Team Photo 2015 Team Photo 2014 Team Photo 2013 Team Photo 2012 Team Photo Nemo

Welcome to Team Paragon!

Team Paragon 571 is a FIRST Robotics organization located in Windsor, CT comprised of students from Windsor High School and surrounding areas.

The Team is very excited to have our Build Site at 20 William Street (former ambulance building off of Bloomfield Avenue near McDonald’s).

Meetings are held most Mondays at 6:30 PM throughout the school year along with several additonal days during our Build and Competition season (January through April). See our events calendar for more detail. Please stop by if you’re interested in joining our Team.

The mission of FIRST Team Paragon 571 is to provide the opportunity for young minds to channel their creative energy in a safe environment that promotes learning toward the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engi- neering, and Math (STEM), as well as presenting these young minds with problems and difficult situations that require exploration of aptitude, skills, and limitations.

Our Sponsors

We would not be able to do what we do without the generosity of our sponsors. Please click here to view all sponsors.

2019 Game Video

Team Paragon 571

2017 Fuel Picker-Upper

2017 Ball Shooter

From the Blog

January 2024 Update
January 28, 2024

This year, Team Paragon’s adventure is in full swing with
the start of the new FIRST season, featuring the
harmonious game,
“CRESCENDO.” This year’s game
objective has two alliances competing in groups of three
teams to pick up and score game pieces called “notes” into
different field elements. The final act is thrilling - we have
the chance to hang our robot on a chain connected to the
center stage for extra points. Each team member plays a
crucial role in helping to win the game.

See Full Update Here

April 2023 Update
May 1, 2023

We have just finished a very successful competition season after working several weeks building our robot. This year, our goal was to create a simple yet robust robot. Being a smaller team with many new students, we decided to build within our capabilities and do it well, which is exactly what we did. And we were even more successful than we hoped. Although our official competition season is over, we have plans for many summer activities. We have hopes to do multiple different workshops for both programming and building to allow everyone opportunities to grow their skills for next year.

See Full Update Here

February-March 2023 Update
March 12, 2023

MID-SEASON 2023 After many weeks of long hours and hard work, our robot is nearing completion. And just in time for our first competition! From March 17-18 we will be at Western New England University in Springfield, MA, testing the limits of our latest robot. It is open to the public, so you are encouraged to stop by and watch a match. Competitions will take place beginning at 10am on Friday and Saturday.

See Full Update Here

January 2023 Update
January 29, 2023

On January 7, 2023 Team Paragon assembled at the team's new build site to intereact as this season’s CHARGED UP game was revealed. For the first eight weeks or the year, the team will be brainstorming, strategizing, programming, constructing, deconstructing, and reconstructing. After the game was revealed, game manuals were downloaded and students & mentors began brainstorming ideas to approach gameplay. Continue reading below to learn more about this year’s game. Paragon_Jan2023_Update

2020 Late Season Update
February 19, 2020

As we progress through the build season, considerable progress has been made. Build is nearing completion, Programming has produced more code, Web has further organized the website, and Imagery has created new team shirts and robot designs. Click here to see the full update.

Read More Posts