FIRST Team Paragon 571

Windsor, CT

Waterbury Recap

After the robot has been bagged and tagged,  teams around the world have six total hours to  work on the robot outside the bag. In this  short time we managed to add a climber, a  power cube hook for the start of the game, and added to Emmet’s imagery.

Click here to see the full update on Google Docs.

Level 6

It’s the final week before bag and tag day! This week we worked on some of the build aspects of the robot’s imagery by adding the “legs” of Emmet, which hold the finished wiring of the pneumatics to the electropneumatic-aquarium. We were also able finish the second stage of the elevator using a telescoping 80-20 shaft and a pulley system, which together allow the robot to extend much higher.

Click here to see the full update

Level 5

This week the team worked on the battery box! To do this, we bent sheet metal to match the outer dimensions of our batteries. We also wired in all of the electronics and tested the pneumatic in the electropneumatic aquarium. Lastly started to work on the robot’s imagery by adding Emmet’s legs.

Click here to see the full update

Level 4 Week 4

This week we worked on the gear box for the elevator of the final robot. The prototype currently has a gear ratio that lacks the power we need to be able to lift the cube, so with a higher gear ratio that will be installed on the competition bot we will be able to reach the scale.

Click here to view the full update.

Level 3: Week 3 of Build

Started work on the final bot!

 

This week we started to put together our final robot. We assembled the chassis and the transmissions. We have also installed a new elevator system that will allow us to drop power cubes into the tray at the top of the scale.

 

Click here to see the full update!

Week 2

Prototype bot: elevator work, batteries!

Before this week, the cube grabber was mounted directly onto the elevating 80-20, so we only managed to achieve half our desired height. This week we added a second pulley system onto the second 80-20 in order to reach the 6-7 foot height we need for the highest scale position.

Click here to see the full update.

Week 1

After planning out our strategy for the game, we began prototyping. We put together a “grabber” that uses a pneumatic piston to quickly clamp down on the power cube. Our plan is to attach this grabber onto an elevating 80-20 shaft to allow it to raise up and place the cubes onto the switch and scale.

Click here to see the post.

Fall Update

While​ ​some​ ​activities​ ​kept​ ​us​ ​on​ ​our​ ​toes​ ​during​ ​the​ ​summer,​ ​now​ ​is​ ​the time​ ​to​ ​prepare​ ​for​ ​the​ ​upcoming​ ​season!​ ​We​ ​hit​ ​the​ ​ground​ ​running​ ​this fall​ ​with​ ​lots​ ​of​ ​tool​ ​training​ ​and​ ​other​ ​helpful​ ​preparation,​ ​as​ ​well​ ​as​ ​of
course​ ​some​ ​volunteer​ ​work​ ​highlight​ ​our​ ​team​ ​in​ ​the​ ​Windsor​ ​community.

Click here to see the update.

Back to School Update

During​ ​the​ ​summer,​ ​students​ ​of​ ​Team​ ​Paragon​ ​had​ ​time​ ​to​ ​rest.​ ​With​ ​final exams​ ​and​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​of​ ​excitement​ ​at​ ​the​ end​ ​of​ ​the​ ​competition​ ​season​ ​last year,​ ​the​ ​summer​ ​provided​ ​some​ ​rest​ ​and​ ​a​ ​chance​ ​to​ ​reset!​ ​We​ ​have​ ​to​ ​be
ready​ ​for​ ​the​ ​upcoming​ ​season!

Click here to see the update.

End of Year Update

As Paragon’s season wraps up, our team remains busier than ever with post-competition events around the community. The team continues to work on new build projects and make their presence known in Windsor.

Click here to see the update.

Hartford Competition Update

 

The team has taken advantage of its brief break before the Hartford
competition. Ideas were tossed around until we had all agreed on the
direction we believed Sprocket should travel in.

Click here to see the update.

Week 6 Update

Our time with the Suffield Shakedown has passed. This event has allowed for Paragon to gain first hand knowledge as to how the robot can be improved. Click here to see the update.